Write for DBD
Thanks for your interest in writing a guest post for Daddy by Default.
Daddy by Default is a resource for dads, and our reach extends to more people with every post and story shared by fathers from across the globe.
We can’t publish everything that gets submitted, but here’s what we like to see:
- Posts with a unique point of view, or familiar topics – but written from a new angle
- Informational posts which offer DbD readers insight into a particular topic like: parenting advice, and making money while working from home, to name just a few
- Reviews of products, movies, television, DVDs, books, business opportunities, or anything else you think men, particularly dads, might consume.
- Funny stories – we’re always on the lookout for funny stories.
Here are a few guidelines to follow when crafting your post. Each article should:
- convey quality, practical advice presented with Daddy by Default readers in mind
- is able to be used exclusively at Daddy by Default
- includes all the information—links, link text, reusable images, etc.—you want the published version of your post to include
- links to credible third-party sources where appropriate
- contains a link and artist attribution for each image you’ve included
- infringes no copyright laws, either in terms of text or images
- includes a headline, body text, your byline, and an image.
When you’re all set, and your post is ready to go, submit it through our contact form, which can also be used to pitch us ideas. If you’d prefer to send a Word or plain text format, you can email that to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unless previously negotiated, we ask that the posts you submit to us are written exclusively for use by Daddy by Default. While you’re more than welcome to write on the same topic elsewhere, our hope is that posts that appear on Daddy by Default are unique, and don’t appear in the same form elsewhere.
The best posts for Daddy by Default are those which correspond to our overall theme—cool stuff for stay-at-home dads. It’s a broad topic with room to be creative, so if you’d like to check with us first on your topic of choice, you can submit pitches via email on our contact form.
Topics in which we’re particularly interested right now include:
- Funny stories about crazy things kids do
- Productivity tips for stay at home and work at home dads
- Making money – Stay at home work opportunities
- Reviews of movies, television, and books
We include an author byline after each guest post, so please do include a separate byline with your post describing who you are, what you do, and include a link to your site or sites and/or your RSS feed.
Links back to your own blog within the article itself are frowned upon, unless extremely relevant to the content. We certainly don’t mind promoting your site, but it has to be a relevant, and authoritative link. Submissions with too many links back to your own blog may be edited, removed, or rejected.
A few suggestions for images:
- Images can be of any size, but the maximum width is 624 pixels.
- If the images you use in the post are your own please state so. If the images are copyrighted you must have permission to use them. It’s up to you to ensure that the images you submit are able to be reused in terms of copyright.
Feel free to either submit images as separate files in your email, or send us a link to the location on your own server where we can download the image. We’ll then grab the image and host it on the Daddy by Default server. Please do not paste images directly into your post.
Expect to be edited. All posts go through the hands of our editors and we will likely change titles, headings, correct spelling and grammar, and occasionally we’ll rework some text too.
If you have any questions about guest posts you can submit a comment through our contact form.
Thanks for contributing to Daddy by Default. We look forwarding to sharing your story.